another masterpiece from karl, this time a gorgeous red R33. I will admit I'm not really a fan of R33s, but hot damn, this R33 changed my mind. Awesome as always from Karl.
Colour: Nissan AH3 Red Pearl Metallic with 2K clear
- Hobby Design HD02-0146 photo-etched set
- Modified lower part of front bumper
- Custom front splitter and new side-skirt lips
- Custom built rear bumper
- Exhaust modified to a single turbo with a new stainless-steel tip
- Tamiya Nissan Skyline RB26 engine from an R32 GT-R kit
- Scratch-built engine bay
- Scratch-built intercooler pipes, turbo, strut brace and air cleaner
- Model Scientists Bride Vorga seats and Tamiya Nismo Steering wheel
- Scratch-built harness bar behind front seats
- Aber photo-etched seat belt accessories with Tuner Model green harness
- Detailed Tamiya Nismo LMGT-4 rims with Tuner Model air valves
- Tamiya Bridgestone tires from a Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R
- Scale Motorsport carbon fibre decal applied to spoilers and window pillars
- Japanese tax disc and parking sticker from an Aoshima decal sheet
After 8 months in the making, it was about time to take it out of the garage!
Monday, August 13, 2012
Thursday, August 9, 2012
finally completed my first kit for 2012 (strated this in february i think)
i love the EK civic, and i love the 96 style front end. this kit came with bent pillars, had to do a lot of massagin to have them straight again. i also went for blue since i like this color even though its not available as a standard color for the EK9. i also built this as i would build my own ek, with practically coming to mind also, that is why we have functional rear seat with the half cage. :) iwant to daily my car and track it too.
its a little rough on some areas (dirt caught in the spoiler paint and some paint chip in the rims) but i like leaving them in there.
sorry for not so good pics, since i have a faulty camera (lens sensor is not working properly) i did my best to edit and clean the pictures in photoshop. will upload more and better pics once i borrow my brother's camera.
modifications - exterior:
-17" OZ wheels with drilled centers and extended lugnuts
-Carbon Fiber hood, fenders, roof, trunk
-greddy SP style muffler in flat black
-lower tie bar
-high rise brackets for the spoiler
modifications - interior:
-bucket seat with sabelt blue harness
-black/red interior theme
-sport steering wheel
-converted the dash to a proper type R unit
-VAFC and data logger
Monday, August 6, 2012
this car just oozes awesomeness and attitude. the bulldozer air dam. the gaudy paint scheme. the wide rims on stretchwalls. the star zokusha exhaust. it screams shakotan/zokusha/kaido racer style. its a bad-ass looking car.
another great build from luis/rollin80s. Be sure to check out his blog too for more awesomeness